Thursday, June 16, 2011

NuMbErS

149/99 Blood Pressure + 243.5 lbs =
This morning, I had a cold hard shocker.  I went shopping to pick up a few things and I came by one of those blood pressure machines they have just sitting there.  I try them every once in a while and get up with a smile on my face PROUD that everything is in check

Not today.

I couldn't move.  A lump formed in my throat and hot tears filled eyes.  Shocked by the numbers.  I have never had numbers like that.  I have prided myself with having a reading of about 96/64.  And there I sat realizing that 149/99 was not good.

I immediately thought about my kids and how they will have to bury me soon, if I don't get this down.  My second thought was I don't want to be like my mom.

I love my mom, but she is suffering from a lot of health issues and I don't want to be where she is.

I have to change I need help, but "I" to change.  I think I will be going back to my vegetarian ways.  Things were better then and I learned how to feed my body right as well as my family.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...