Sunday, July 24, 2011

Vegetarian vs The Meat Lover {in me}

One of the things I have noticed about my own personal weight issue is that meat is not my friend.  This is a hard fact to know especially with all of the high protein and low carb diets phenomenon that is running rampant across the globe.  I have not really felt like eating a lot of meat was good for the body, but man is a nice, juicy, sizzling steak DELISH!!

So when I said to the family, "I am going vegetarian!"  I had to be prepared for the shock that overcame the household. 

It was hard at first. 

******UPDATE******

So it has been at least a couple of weeks since I started this post.  And all the while I have been weening me and the family off of the amount of meat we consume.  It hasn't been as hard as I thought.  We've cut down and I feel so much better. Little "A" as gone totally vegetarian.  I just need to make sure he gets what he needs in the vitamins and minerals area.

It has been really fun to come up with vegetarian dishes that the family likes.

Don't look at me as some crazed veggie freak.  I believe that a what a balanced diet is for one person can and is different for another.  And for me, less meat is best.

What dishes do you like and really would like to share?


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...