Thursday, July 28, 2011

Tahoe Motivation

The family and I have just returned from 6 days of BLISS in Lake Tahoe.  Never been there.  It was wonderful.  We did a lot of things I didn't think I could do because of my size, but I did them.

I hiked the Eagle Falls to an overlook bridge.  It was hard.

But the one thing I did that I haven't done in about 27 years is ride a bike.

I didn't think a bike would hold me.

But it did and  I DID IT!!  I rode a bike 10 miles up and down hills through the woods!!!  I was a little shaky at the start, but it all came back and...

I DID IT!!  For some this may not be a big deal, but when you haven't done something like that, that is so liberating and a self-esteem booster...it's a big deal.


The whole experience was motivating.  Since I have been home I have walked up hill three days so far.  I feel better and willing to accept the next challenge of wellness.

I have been denying myself great opportunities because I have been thinking that "my size" is just not appropriate for the activity.  I was wrong.

Size does matter in some cases, but not everything will only work for you if you are less than a size 6. This is something that I have had to say in my head ever since Tahoe.  There is so much for me to do that I CAN do and size does not matter. 

As a matter of fact the activities that I would like to do help in reducing size. WTH WAS I THINKING!!!

There is a whole lot I have to do...I best get started.

Slowly, but surely Getting {figure}d Out.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...