Saturday, December 3, 2011

Journey 2 Fit {Day 28-29} Struggle of the Plateau


I am pretty sure EVERYONE has experienced the down in the dumps of not seeing the number on the scale reflecting the work you FEEL you have put into a new SMALLER number.

I feel that way right now.  Hubbs said about a week or so ago, "Honey, I think you are going to hit your plateau soon, if not now."  I couldn't help but scowl at him and snap, "Don't you dare say that to me!" 

Sadly, I think I have hit it.  The scale has not moved in three weeks now and I am feeling sad.  I am trying to be positive, but for me three weeks is like the Fat Monster laughing & saying, "I've got you now, SUCKA!!!" 

I almost feel like giving up.  Although, I know I can't. 

The number may not be budging right now, but I feel the difference in my clothing and the notices I have from people.  It even feels REALLY nice to run.  It does hurt like it has in the past.  So does the number really matter?

Not all numbers carry the same weight. 

How long does a plateau last?  I am excited that next week fit2fat2fit is going be adding new exercises, but I wonder if I have shot myself in the foot, by walking and NOW running so much. 

Starting to doubt my ability to win in this battle.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...