Thursday, November 24, 2011

Journey 2 Fit {Day 20} Happy Thanksgiving & 5K

  • 4:30 am wake up
  • 5:00 am get out the gear for the race
  • 5:30 am drink my protein drink
  • 5:45 am start picking up all of the other 5k-ers
This was so exciting.  The last time I did a race was the "Love your body" race and it was AWESOME.  This race I really wanted to just enjoy it and take in everything that was happening around me.  I was go glad that I did this one with a group. 




As I do every race, I always vow to make a new friend.  This year I met Gary Bohn.  He usually runs the 10k but had surgery two weeks ago and decided to walk even probably against doctor's orders.  He is a wonderful man from what I learned.  He wasn't sure if he would make it the full 3.1 miles but as we all talked we realized that we had made it by the end.  It was wonderful.  I am so grateful for him and JaNean.

This was a first time 5k for a lot of people in my group (Matt & Melissa Harris, JaNean Frandsen, Jessica & her husband and me) and they did awesome.  They got bit by the bug and already want to do another.  Matt wants us to put one together, call it "Run the West" (after all we are in "West" Valley).  Definitely something to think about.

I hope this Thanksgiving we can all just be grateful that we have each other and that we all are healthy.  I am grateful to all of you who visit my little blog and support me. 

Happy Thanksgiving and hopefully I'll get to see you at the next race.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...